PROF. DURSUN BUĞRA, M.D.
Member of board, general secretary and chairman of Turkish Society of Colon and Rectal Surgery from 2003 to 2013.
Took office as representative of Turkey at European Society of Coloproctology (ESCP) from 2015 to 2018.
Still a member of Regional Activities Study Group in the same society.
Member of Board in International Society of University Colon and Rectal Surgeons (ISUCRS).
Authored 60 articles published in PubMed.
- General Surgery Residency, Department of General Surgery, Istanbul School of Medicine, Istanbul University, 1979-1983
- Medical Education, Cerrahpaşa School of Medicine, Istanbul University, 1973-1979
- Digestive Health Group Director & Head of General Surgery Department, Department of General Surgery, American Hospital, 2018 – to date
- Professor, Department of General Surgery, American Hospital, 2010 – to date
- Faculty Member, Professor, Department of General Surgery, School of Medicine, Koç University, 2011 – to date
- Professor, Istanbul School of Medicine, Istanbul University, 1996-2011
- Assoc. Prof., Istanbul School of Medicine, Istanbul University,1989-1996
- Faculty Member, Gastrointestinal Surgery Clinic, School of Medicine, Nancy University, (University of Lorraine) France, 1989-1990
- Attending Physician, SSK Istanbul Hospital, 1985-1987
- Digestive system surgery (esophagus, stomach, small intestine, colon, rectum, anus, gallbladder),
- Oncologic surgery (cancer, sarcoma),
- Abdominal wall hernia surgery,
- Laparoscopic surgery.