PROF. LEVENT DEMİRTÜRK, M.D.
- 1975-1982 Medical Doctor, School of Medicine, Hacettepe University
- 1985-1989, Specialist, Department of Internal Medicine, GATA
- 1990-1992 Sub-specialty Resident, Division of Gastroenterology, GATA
- 1993-1995 Assistant professor, GATA Haydarpaşa
- 1995-2003 Associate professor, GATA Haydarpaşa
- 2003-2011 Professor, GATA Haydarpaşa
- 2011-2012 Professor – Member of Higher Science Council, GATA Haydarpaşa
Fields of Interest
- Diagnosis and Treatment of Esophageal Disorders
- Diagnosis and Treatment of Gastrointestinal Disorders
- Diagnosis and Treatment of Gallbladder and Biliary Tract Disorders
- Gastroscopy, Colonoscopy, Rectoscopy (Endoscopy procedures)
- Non-surgical extirpation of polyps (polypectomy, mucosal resection)
- Balloon or bougie dilatation of esophageal and gastric stenosis
- Band therapy for esophageal varices
- Sclerotherapy, argon plasma coagulation, clips treatment for bleeding ulcers
- Stent placement to esophagus, stomach and colon for nutrition or prevention of obstruction in esophagus, stomach and colon cancers
- Diagnostic imaging of bile ducts and pancreatic canals with ERCP
- Removal of stone from bile ducts (without surgery) with ERCP
- Stent placement with ERCP to manage stenosis of bile ducts
- Placement of feeding tube into stomach with endoscopic method (non-surgical)
- 24-hour pH measurement for diagnosis of reflux
- Capsule endoscopy
- 31 publications in the journals scanned by international indexes.
- 85 articles published in local journals.
- 58 papers presented at international congresses.
- 74 papers presented at local congresses.
- 2 studies received awards at local congresses.
- 200 citations for articles published in international journals.
Prof. Levent DEMİRTÜRK, M.D., is a successful gastroenterologist in his area of expertise. In cases of failure to lose weight on a diet alone in obesity, our professor, who had successful outcomes in gastric balloon placement and capsule endoscopy, received two awards in Local Congresses.
He has been working at Emsey Hospital since 2015.