PROF. ÖNDER ERGÖNÜL, M.D.
Head of the Infectious Diseases Department
He was appointed as full professor in 2010
He is a member of the Turkish Academy of Sciences, the Turkish Medical Association, and the Turkish Society of Clinical Microbiology and Infectious Diseases which he chaired for a period of time.
Currently, he is the chairperson of the Education Subcommittee and a member of the European Study Group on Antibiotic Policy (ESGAP) at the European Society of Clinical Microbiology and Infectious Diseases (ESCMID)
Some of the awards he has received:
- Bayındır Hospital Research Award - 2004
- Turkish Medical Association, Prof.Dr.Nusret Fişek Public Health Award - 2007
- Koç University Outstanding Research Award - 2017
He has published three books, 120 articles in Turkish and international journals, as well as 12 book chapters.
He organized international conferences on a variety of different subjects, particularly the Crimean-C
- Harvard School of Public Health, Quantitative Methods in Public Health, Master’s Degree, 2002 - 2003
- Ankara University School of Medicine, Clinical Microbiology and Infectious Diseases, Residency, 1991 - 1996
- Hacettepe University Faculty of Medicine, Bachelor's Degree, 1982 - 1989
- Present Koç University School of Medicine, Head of the Internal Medicine Department of Infectious Diseases and Clinical Microbiology, and Public Health Department, 2011 -
- Present American Hospital, Head of Infectious Diseases Department, 2011 -
- Marmara University Faculty of Medicine , Infectious Diseases and Clinical Microbiology Department, Professor of Medicine, 2006-2010
- Ankara Numune Training and Research Hospital, Infectious Diseases and Clinical Microbiology Department, Associated Professor, 2003-2006
- University of Utah, Infectious Diseases Department Clinical Epidemiology Division, Research Assistant, 2000-2002