What is eye cancer?
Although eye cancer is uncommon, it can form in several different structures in the area of the eye.
If the cancer starts inside the eyeball it is called intraocular cancer. The most common intraocular cancers in adults are melanoma and lymphoma.
hat are the symptoms of eye cancer?
Signs and symptoms of eye cancer may include:
- Loss of vision
- Blurry vision
- Flashes and floaters
- Pigmented area
- Loss of eyelashes
- Cahange in pupil shape or size
- Double vision
- Orbital pain
How is eye cancer diagnosed?
Examination of the eye by an ophthalmologist is often the most important first step in diagnoses.
If an eye exam suggests you might have eye cancer, more tests such as imaging tests or other procedures might be done to confirm the diagnosis.
- Fluorescein angiography
- CT scan
- MRI scan
What are the treatment options for eye cancer?
Eye cancer treatment options will depend on the location and size of the eye melanoma. If the melanoma is small and isn't growing, you and your doctor may choose to wait and watch for signs of growth.
If the melanoma grows or causes complications, your doctor may suggest these treatments below:
- Radiation therapy
- Laser treatment
Why choose Turkey for eye cancer treatment?
- International accreditation: Our partner hospitals for eye cancer treatment in Turkey are certified by independent international organizations such as JCI (Joint Commission International) or ISO (International Organization for Standardization) and they are all university hospitals.
- Latest techonology: Latest technologies are applied in our contracted hospitals to achieve the great results.
- Fast treatment arrangement: Oncology treatment requires urgency and we provide you to start your treatment as soon as possible.
- Low prices: In Turkey, we provide affordable and high-quality healthcare for eye cancer. Eye cancer treatment costs in Turkey are 2-3 times lower than in Europe.
- Our partner hospitals have cooperation with top American cancer centers.
- Geographic location: Nearly one billion people from different countries can reach Turkey in around four hours. The national carrier, Turkish Airlines, has direct flights from 57 countries. Turkey has 4 direct flights from Moldova and more than 1 direct flights from Romania every day and they take just around one hour.