It is one of the most advanced type of radiation therapy which is used to treat brain tumors, arteriovenous malformations and movement disorders.
Gamma knife surgery represents one of the most advanced type of radiation therapy available which is used to treat brain tumors, arteriovenous malformations and movement disorders.
Gamma knife radiosurgery, like other forms of radiosurgery is not surgery in the traditional sense because there is no incision. Bu it is also called surgery because its outcome is similar to that of a surgical procedure.
Advantages of gamma knife surgery
- Gamma knife radiosurgery is often a safer alternative to standard brain surgery and it is usually performed when a tumor or other abnormality in the brain is too hard to reach with standard neurosurgery
- The procedure is usually an outpatient procedure and the entire process will take most of a day
- Lower risk of treatment related side effects
- Eliminates the need of surgical intervention in many brain tumor cases
- No surgical scars
- No need to shaven patients head
- Does not hinder the patients’ work routine
Gamma knife surgery in Istanbul
Gamma Knife Radiosurgery Unit brings together a combination of extensive experience, up-to- date protocols from cutting-edge research and latest technology. Our contracted hospitals in Istanbul for gamma knife surgery treated more than 7,000 patients and holds considerable number of internationally recognized publications.
Our Gamma Knife Radiosurgery Unit in Istanbul has the capacity to serve approximately 2,000 patients each year.